To make applications perfect with regard to functionality and user experience, software developers are stepping up today. Their testing teams perform end-to-end testing of applications using the latest tools and techniques to ensure the final product meets all user expectations and prevents them from rejecting the app or giving bad reviews.
Most companies have by now switched to automation testing in view of its superiority over manual methods. As per Global Market Insights, the automation testing market size is poised to see a growth of 15% CAGR by 2032. As applications become increasingly complex, new software testing techniques are replacing older ones. Codeless test automation tools are an essential asset for companies looking to maintain the reliability and performance of their PRTG OPC UA server while minimizing the effort required for testing and monitoring.
In addition to making the testing process easy for testers, regardless of their coding knowledge and experience, codeless test automation tools provide these advantages:
- Facilitates better efficiency and accuracy
- Reduces test maintenance efforts
- Significantly decreases the overall testing time
- Allows speedier delivery of final software products to the market.
- Lets testers focus on other complex activities that need their attention
However, not all codeless testing tools are built the same way. To ensure you derive the best results from your testing project, ensure that your codeless tool has these features.
- 1 Features to look for in your codeless automation tool
- 2 Codeless testing with TestGrid
- 3 Conclusion
Features to look for in your codeless automation tool
Ideally, the codeless tool you choose for your test project should have these capabilities:
1. Ease of script creation and maintenance
Test creation can be time-consuming when using traditional automation tools, increasing the overall duration of the testing process. The codeless tool you select should offer capabilities that make the process of writing, editing, and organizing easy for testers.
When test cases are created without code, even those stakeholders without programming knowledge should be able to read and understand them. Having this feature will reduce the learning curve and speed up the test automation process. In addition, ensure that your codeless tool has an auto self-healing feature that reduces the possibility of failed test cases.
2. Cross-platform compatibility
Users today access their applications from a variety of devices and browsers and ensure top-notch performance and experience in all of them. It is, therefore, important to select a codeless tool that allows testing of your applications across multiple operating systems and browsers to ensure they function seamlessly for all users.
A good cloud-based scriptless tool should allow you easy access to real devices whenever you need to test your applications.
3. Support for multiple testing frameworks and languages
Every team has its unique preferences for testing frameworks and programming languages. The codeless tool you prefer should allow users with different languages and frameworks to use their existing skills optimally and integrate them with their development environment.
4. Mobile application testing support
The mobile application market is growing continuously, and users today prefer to open apps through their mobile devices on the go because of its convenience. Hence, choose a codeless tool that offers features exclusive to mobile app testing. Ideally, the tool should offer features like gesture simulation, native app interaction, or device orientation.
5. Comprehensive reporting features
To understand test results and identify the areas that need improvement, you need clear and detailed reporting. Ideally, your codeless testing platform should offer comprehensive reports together with analytics, test logs, and easy-to-read visuals that pinpoint the issues accurately and help the stakeholders make informed decisions.
Apart from these five features, your codeless tool should have a simple, intuitive interface, provide excellent customer support, and be backed by a thriving user community that gives users access to documentation and tutorials to make full use of the tool’s capabilities. Moreover, you need to verify that the tool can be integrated seamlessly with popular CI/CD tools and facilitates continuous testing, which is a must in these times of agile testing.
Another feature you should look for is test reusability. Many scenarios have the same steps, and having to rewrite them every time poses a big challenge. A robust codeless automation tool will let you save common steps and insert them into any test flow.
Codeless testing with TestGrid
TestGrid is one codeless automation testing platform that meets all the above criteria and has consistently provided excellent outcomes for organizations. The AI-powered platform simplifies even the testing of complex applications with its remarkable features and scriptless capabilities.
Here are its main capabilities:
- Lets you auto-heal your codeless tests and prevents test failure by relocating valid relocators of broken objects.
- It is a one-stop solution for all your testing needs, whether cross-browser testing, API testing, or getting performance metrics
- Get access to 100+ real devices and browsers whenever you want for comprehensive testing
- Automate web or mobile applications or even custom hardware and IoT
- Scale your testing up or down as you wish based on your requirements with ease
- No need for expensive hardware set-ups since it is a cloud-based platform that offers everything you require for your testing project
- Provides detailed insights through test logs that enable easy debugging
- Allows teams to conduct parallel testing, saving time and effort and accelerating the testing process
Choosing the right codeless tool can be daunting. But remember that your automation strategy’s success hinges a lot on the features your codeless tool offers. So, evaluate your testing requirements, look for these essential functionalities in the tools you have shortlisted, and pick a tool that aligns with your budget and needs.
Our recommendation to you would be TestGrid, one of the most cost-efficient and reliable codeless testing platforms to emerge in the last decade. With TestGrid, you are assured of shorter release cycles and can be confident that the product you launch is perfect in functionality and user experience.